The Human Resource Management Association of Jamaica (HRMAJ) presents its 30th Annual Conference to be held during Wednesday, November 17 to Friday, November 19, 2010 at the Wyndham Kingston Jamaica.
Through the theme “No Limits: Winning Through Transformational Leadership and Partnership” conferees, including business leaders from the region, will be exploring the critical need for leadership and partnerships that will propel organization through and beyond the recession, socio-economic doldrums and environmental catastrophes that threaten people and the prosperity of enterprises.
HRMAJ recognizes that training is even now more critical to position organisations to emerge successfully from the challenges of the present economy. Consequently, we have decided to host Conference30 in Kingston so that organisations and individuals can realize significant savings in the cost of conference, as we continue our reputation of staging a conference superior in content and interactivity delivered by high calibre local and overseas presenters.
As we celebrate 30 years, Conference30 will include an Anniversary Banquet on the night of November 18 and we look forward to having you join in these festivities. To prepare you for the next step we invite you to Register NOW!! Please see the attached Conference30 Flyer and Registration Form, complete the Registration Form and return it to the Secretariat as soon as possible. For further information, contact Jacqui Dennis – 925-9564, Nadine Williams – 925-6476, Danaisha Shaw – 969-2944 and Talitha Saddler – 969-0743 or email email@example.com.
Invest In Yourself! It will be an inspirational journey with transformational messages. Your imagination will be the only limitation! See you at Conference30!
The Human Resource Management Association of Jamaica (HRMAJ) is celebrating its 30th Anniversary and will host Conference30 during November 17-19, 2010, at the Wyndham Kingston Jamaica. Through the theme “No Limits: Winning Through Transformational Leadership and Partnership” conferees including business leaders from the region, will be exploring the critical need for leadership and partnerships that will successfully propel organizations through and beyond the recession, socio-economic doldrums and environmental catastrophes.
An estimated audience of three hundred (300) inclusive of Caribbean representatives will be present. Specific sessions will have a global reach as it streams live on our website at www.hrmaj.org. Conferees will be from the public and private sectors and therefore Conference30 will provide an excellent event for your company to promote your products/services. We therefore take this opportunity to invite you to participate in Conference30 as an Exhibitor and take advantage of this exciting opportunity to showcase your products/services.
Please see our Conference30 Flyer and Exhibitor Package for your information. Please confirm your agreement to be an Exhibitor by completing the Registration Form and returning it to us. For further information please contact Daphine Johnson at the HRMAJ Secretariat at 925-1010 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you at Conference30 this year!
HRMAJ is broadening the scope of activities at its annual conference with the announcement of its Poster Competition winners on Wednesday, November 17. The poster presentation aims to:
- re-inforce the conference theme “No Limits: Winning Through Transformational Leadership & Partnership”
- depict significant human resource influences and embrace the last thirty years of human resource renewal in enterprises;
- provide an opportunity for conferees to prepare themselves to receive maximum benefits from conference;
- foster creativity among HR professionals;
- generate pre-conference discussion on important HR issues that will be covered at conference.
HRMAJ will use the most outstanding artistic presentation of the theme in future HRMAJ publications and/or create a calendar provided that HRMAJ receive permission from the owners.
The poster competition is open to all conference attendees. Participants/organisations will be responsible for all expenses on materials for the posters.
Criteria for Judging
The posters will be judged and prizes awarded for the top 3 posters as well as the "People's Choice". Pre-judging will take place at HRMAJ Secretariat to select the final 6 presentations for display on the HRMAJ website and at conference. Certificates of participation will be given to all participants in the display.
The public will be able to vote for the 'People's Choice' Poster by completing a poll on the HRMAJ website at www.hrmaj.org. The poll will open at least five (5) days before conference.
Criteria for judging will be based on the following.
|Exposition of the conference theme
|Use of colour/graphics
|Reflection of HR theories and practices
The Poster must be submitted with an abstract of not more than one hundred and fifty (150) words explaining what it features.
Awards will be given to the winner of the competition as well as the organisation with which the winner is affiliated. Additionally, the winner and winning organisation will benefit from media exposure.
A People's Choice Award will also be given.
The 6 most outstanding posters that successfully represent the theme of the conference will be given full exposure throughout Conference30.
Grand Prize - HRMAJ trophy, a video camera and media exposure
Second Prize - Plaque and gift certificate
Third Prize - Plaque and one year free individual Membership to HRMAJ
People's Choice - Plaque and gift certificate
Completed Entry Forms must be submitted to the HRMAJ Secretariat by October 8, 2010. The forms may be faxed or sent via e-mail.
The deadline for submission of the posters will be October 22, 2010.
- The winning posters will be the property of the Human Resource Management Association of Jamaica
- Members and family members of the Conference Committee are ineligible to enter
The Conference30 speakers and presenters include the following:
- International Speaker: Dick Finnegan
- International Speaker: Jeffery Tobin
- Keynote Speaker: Honourable Pearnel Charles
- National Speaker: Anthony Clayton
- National Speaker: Anya Schnoor
- National Speaker: Colin Greenland
- National Speaker: Dr. Blossom O'Meally-Nelson
- National Speaker: Dr. Cassida Jones
- National Speaker: Dr. Canute Thompson
- National Speaker: Dr. Sharon Y. Hart
- National Speaker: Dr. William Lawrence
- National Speaker: Francis Wade
- National Speaker: Herbert Hall
- National Speaker: Honourable Andrew Holness
- National Speaker: Kay Osborne
- National Speaker: Patricia Sinclair-McCalla
- National Speaker: Professor Anthony Harriott
- National Speaker: Professor Evan Duggan
- National Speaker: Robert Levy
- National Speaker: Rickert Allen
- National Speaker: Ruel Reid
- National Speaker: Scarlette Gillings
- National Speaker: Tony Lewars