The Rationale for the Award
To recognize and celebrate a member who has made sterling contribution to the field of HR in general and to the growth and development of HRMAJ in particular, during the review period. (i.e. October 1 thru September 30).
Eligibility (Nominators and Nominees)
- All individual members of the Association ‘in good standing’
- Representatives of Corporate Membership ‘in good standing’
EXEMPTIONS (i.e. Not eligible as nominators or nominees):
- Executive Committee of the Board
- Staff of the Secretariat
Criteria for Nomination
- Member of HRMAJ for at least one year at the closing date of nomination.
- Active committee/sub-committee member during the nomination year.
What Is The Nomination Process?
An eligible Association member (i.e. a member in ‘good standing’) can only nominate one person meeting the outlined criteria.
- Nomination submission opens October 1 and closes October 20.
- The Nomination Form requires that the nominator rate the individual being nominated for the review period against positive statements covering the nomination provision.
- Completed Nomination Forms are submitted to the HRMAJ secretariat for evaluation. If more than one Nomination Form is received from a nominator then the first form received is accepted and the other(s) rejected. Forms without the name and signature of the nominator are also rejected.
- At least 80% of statements in each section of the nomination sheet must be responded to. The Form also allows the nominator to state reasons for his/her nomination.
How is selection done?
- The Nomination Form has two categories of responses. Category A speaks to an individual’s contribution to the HR profession in general. This Category of responses carries an overall weighting of 25. Category B speaks to an individual’s contribution to HRMAJ in particular. This Category of responses carries an overall weighting of 75.
- Nominees scoring 95% or more on the Nomination Form are short-listed and invited to attend an interview.
- Nominators are not allowed more than ONE “Not Applicable” response in each category.
- The Member of the Year will be selected from those candidates who attend the interview.
- The interview panel’s decision is final.
- The Interview and selection panel will comprise members of the Executive Committee of the Board of HRMAJ.
Awards and Prizes
- The prestigious Member of the Year Trophy
- A Weekend for two at a hotel, (conditions apply)
- Media exposure
To join HRMAJ, please download the membership form here, complete and fax it to (876)969-7229